County Road 83

McDOUGAL ROAD - Dating to 1877 - Lies three miles east of Lafayette. This road was first a county wagon road during early pioneer times. It was rebuilt using Portland Concrete Cement in the early 1900's by the Oregon Highway Department as part of Highway 99W. McDougal was a main road between the heart of Yamhill County and the Portland area. The oldest portion of the road was poured only sixteen feet wide. It was named after the owner of a fruit stand which was at the intersection of Highway 99W and Highway 18.

INDEX

CRS 168 - CRS 168 full road packet - accepted 5/7/1874 in C.J. 4 page 466 - 60 ft. wide statutory

CRS 293½ - CRS 293½ full road packet - accepted 3/4/1886 in C.J. 9 page 24 - 60 ft. wide statutory

SCANNED MAPS

ABANDONMENT AND RETENTION MAP - OSHD 1935

R/W AT INT W/ STOLLER ROAD BY D.E. LINSCHEID 1974