Market Road 5

Springbrook Road - Wilsonville road - dating to 1878 - Springbrook road Runs south from the community of Springbrook on the east side of Newberg. In 1893, the community was named after Cyrus Hoskins’ "Springbrook" farm. Cyrus was one of the pioneer horticulturists of the state. Wilsonville road runs between Newberg and Wilsonville along the north bank of the Willamette River. Wilsonville was named for a local resident, Charles Wilson. R.V. Short, who had served as the Yamhill County Surveyor prior to statehood, suggested the name in 1880.

Index of road surveys and related documents

CRS 225 - CRS 225 full road packet - accepted 11/7/1878 in C.J. 6 page 151 - 40 ft. petitioned

CRS 275 - CRS 275 full road packet - accepted 7/7/1883 in C.J. 7 page 443 - 40 ft. petitioned

CRS 287 - CRS 287 full road packet - accepted 9/4/1884 in C.J. 8 page 195 - 40 ft. petitioned

Road packet # 581 relates to Gettman condemnation resolution - not scanned - refer to Circuit Court case for additional information.

Scanned map:

1925 Market road Located Line

1929 Market road Located Line

1930 Pavement Improvement

1935 Market road Located Line

Unknown Date Located Line