County Road 479

BURCH HILL ROAD - dating to 1908, accepted as county road in 1958. Is located two miles east of Amity on the Amity Highway. The road was named for Charles H. Burch. He immigrated to the area in 1844 and settled his Donation Land Claim in 1850. He served under Lieutenant Colonel John C. Fremont of California. Charles Burch was elected to the Oregon Senate in 1878 and 1884.

Index

CRS 54 and CRS 54 full road packet accepted 4/29/1862 in C.J. 2 page 191 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 55 and CRS 55 full road packet accepted 4/29/1862 in C.J. 2 page 190 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 281and CRS 479 full road packet accepted 5/8/1883 in C.J. 8 page 121 - 60 ft. statutory width

SCANNED MAPS:

R/W realignment proposal undated Note: this change occurred prior to OSHD taking over this road... the county retained the original alignment.