County Road 436

REDMOND HILL ROAD - dates to 1926 - Lies two miles west of McMinnville. It was named after John Redmond, an 1862 immigrant. John returned to his homeland, Canada; but, later, changed his mind and returned to Oregon in 1873. He bought a farm located between Redmond Hill Road and Peavine road. John imported some of the first straight-bred stallions, in 1878, to Oregon from New York.

Index

SCANNED MAPS:

R/W compilation undated