County Road 425

DUPEE VALLEY ROAD - a portion dates to 1857 - Is located two miles north of Sheridan. It was name for Edward Dupuis. Edward had a Donation Land Claim on the ground over which this road ambles. Edward came to Oregon in 1846 and settled on his claim in 1853. A post office named Washington was established in this valley on September 30, 1858 and closed on October 13, 1860. Edward Dupuis was the only postmaster. How the original name was transmuted into Dupee remains a mystery.

Index and additional records in road folder

Additional scanned documents #1, #2

CRS 12 and CRS 12 full road packet - accepted 9/6/1864 in C.J. 2 pg. 412 - 60 ft. wd. statutory

CRS 66 and CRS 66 full road packet - accepted 9/6/1864 in C.J. 2 pg. 412 - 60 ft. wd. statutory

CRS 81 and CRS 81 full road packet - accepted 3/7/1866 in C.J. 3 page 35 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 141 and CRS 141 full road packet - accepted 1/10/1873 in C.J. 4 page 209 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 261 - (1970's index error) does not apply ot C.R. 425 - wrong township - P.O.B. not located near James Cronin's house.

CRS 516 road packet - no survey of record was found, and no entries in the commissioners journals were located - petition scans only

SCANNED MAPS:

WPA project proposal by H.W. Herring - 1939

R/W proposal by H.W. Herring undated