Market Road 36

WHEATLAND ROAD - Territorial road - Salem to Dayton - Runs between Wallace Road and the Wheatland Ferry. In pioneer days, Wheatland was an important shipping point for wheat which was grown on nearby farms. Wheatland was sometimes called Wheatland Landing and Mathenys Ferry. In the 1840's the town of Atchison was platted where Wheatland now lies, but the older name prevailed, based on primary commerce through the area. The original ferry operator was a Mr. O’Neal.

Index

CRS 10 - CRS 10 full road packet - accepted 9/7/1857 in C.J. 1 pg. 59 - 60 ft. statutory

CRS 54 - no road packet located - accepted 4/29/1862 in C.J. 2 pg. 191 - 60 ft. statutory

CRS 55 - no road packet located - accepted 4/29/1862 in C.J. 2 pg. 190 - 60 ft. statutory (only slight changes between CRS 54 and CRS 55)

Scanned maps: none found