County Road 290

OLD RAILROAD GRADE - dated to 1857 for a portion, 1911 for the railroad construction. The Carlton & Coast RR eventually became part of the Flora Logging Co operations, but the Tillamook Burn of 1939, having burned most of the wooden trestles, resulted in the 1941 bankruptcy of Flora. The rails and some rolling stock were sold to Schnitzer for scrap during WWII, and the road was used for years as a private logging route. Eventually owned by Willamette Industries, the road runs in a northwest direction towards Fairdale. The tracks were removed in the 1950's and the road was accepted into the Yamhill County road system in 1964.

Index

CRS 3 - Implied Acceptance 60' wide, due to fire in courthouse in 1857

Additional scanned deeds and related documents #1

Additional scanned deeds and related documents #2

Additional scanned deeds and related documents #3

SCANNED MAPS:

Compromise Survey line 1911