Market Road 24

Bridge Street -  Ballston Road - Frys Lane - dating to 1864 - 60 ft. wide - This road heads south from Sheridan; then it runs east along the Polk-Yamhill County lines. The road leads to Ballston, the community after which it was named. Ballston was named for Isaac Ball whose Donation Land Claim's site in Polk County is where the town is located. Frys lane adjoins the Polk-Yamhill County line just south of Sheridan off Ballston Road. The road was named for an early area resident.

Index of road surveys and related documents

CRS 65 - CRS 65 full road packet  - accepted 7/6/1864 in C.J. 2 pg. 393 - 60 ft. statutory

CRS 95 - CRS 95 full road packet  - accepted 10/14/1867 in C.3. 2 pg. 197 - 60 ft. statutory

CRS 187 - CRS 187 full road packet - accepted 2/10/1876 in C.J. 5 page 199 - width 60 ft. statutory

CRS 298 - proceedings dismissed for various reasons - C.J. 9 pg. 25 on 3/5/1886

Scanned maps:

1938 Market road Located Line N. End

1938 Market road Located Line S. End

1939 Constructed Line - R/R (in Sheridan) to C. Line N. end

1939 Constructed Line - R/R (in Sheridan) to C. Line S. end

1939 R/W Acquisition map S'ly end of N-S portion