County Road 224

McBRIDE CEMETERY ROAD and ROCKYFORD ROAD - Dated to 1856 - McBride Cemetery road lies about two miles west of Carlton. It was named for Thomas McBride who was a Donation Land Claimant in the area. By permission of the County Board of Commissioners in the 1960's, this road is gated but unlocked. Rockyford road lies three miles west of Carlton and Yamhill. In the 1850's, it was named by area pioneers because of the "rocky ford" which crossed the Yamhill River. This road's name is mentioned many times in early road surveys which tied it into other roads. The road was much longer then than it currently is!

Index

CRS 3 (no complete road packet found) No acceptance located in C.J. 1

CRS 35 and CRS 35 full road packet - accepted 1/6/1860 in C.J. 1 page 358 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 67 and CRS 67 full road packet - accepted 9/7/1864 in C.J. 2 page 415 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 71 and CRS 71 full road packet - accepted 4/5/1865 in C.J. 2 page 479 - 60 ft. statutory width

CRS 91 and CRS 91 full road packet - accepted 4/3/1867 in C.J. 3 pg. 162 - 60 ft. wide statutory

CRS 119 - final acceptance not found

CRS 217 and CRS 217 full road packet - accepted 7/9/1879 in C.J. 6 pg. 58 - 60 ft. wide statutory

CRS 279 and CRS 279 full road packet - accepted 7/7/1883 in C.J. 7 page 443 - petitioned 40 ft. wide

SCANNED MAPS:

Color overlay of C.R. 224 in sections 25, 26 & 36 - undated