County Road 181 - dating to 1881

CRAWFORD LANE -  width 40'. Lies two miles south of Dundee. It was named after Medorem Crawford who came to Oregon in 1842 and settled on his Donation Land Claim in the fall of 1850. In about 1830, a French Canadian, by the name of Perrault, established a farm here. It is quite likely, the oldest piece of land in Yamhill County to be developed as a farm. About 1840, Joseph McLaughlin, eldest son of Dr. John McLaughlin, acquired the property. He farmed it until his death in 1848. His widow stayed on the land until the summer of 1850 when she moved across the Willamette River to French Prairie.

Index

Intersection improvement proposal by H.W. Herring - undated