Criminal Justice
Health & Human Svcs.
Community Resources
Economic Development

Absentee, Military and Overseas Voter Information

Absentee, Military and Overseas Voters (UOCAVA)
Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) - U.S. citizens who are active members of the Uniformed Services the Merchant Marine, and the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, their family members, and U.S. citizens residing outside the United States. This Act provides the legal basis for absentee voting requirements for these citizens.
If you are in the military or living out of the county, it is very important you are registered as a UOCAVA voter. UOCAVA ballots are mailed at least 45 days before an election; out of state ballots are sent 29 days before each election. Snowbirds and students that are out of the area part of the year should plan carefully. Unless you tell us where you will be during upcoming elections your ballot may not reach you. Your ballots will be mailed to where you can receive them. Once registered, UOCAVA voters have the option of accessing their ballot online along with the required forms and then have the option to return them by email or fax.
Absentee Application Forms
1. Federal Post Card Application (FPCA): For members of the military, spouses of active military personnel, dependents of active military personnel and US citizens residing out of the country. You may also register and/or provide your absentee address online if you have an Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and have not changed your name.
Please note that only military and overseas voters that have submitted their voter registration and absentee application successfully can have access to balloting materials online at oregonvotes.gov My Vote. Mark your ballot, print, sign and return your balloting materials to Yamhill County Elections Office [email protected] as email attachments no later than 8:00 PM PST on Election Day. Please include your full name on the subject line when returning your ballot materials.
2. Absentee Application Form: For registered voters who are not military or overseas. If you are not already registered, please follow registration instructions on top of this page. You may also provide your absentee address online if you have an Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Please see the flowchart for more information on types of ballots that UOCAVA voters can receive.
If you are unsure of your registration status, check online at the Secretary of State Elections or contact us.

© 2000 - 2023 Yamhill County. All rights reserved. Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Yamhill County.
By visiting this and other Yamhill County web pages, you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the site.