Criminal Justice
Health & Human Svcs.
Community Resources
Economic Development


Clerk Home

***   2023 Passport Processing Times   ***
Appointments are Required
•   Expedited Service 7 - 9 weeks an additional fee of $60.00 is required
•   Routine Service 10 - 13 weeks
Expected Expedited service:
Expected Routine service:

Fees and Documentation Needed for Passport Applications  

1. Completed Passport Application (DS-11); DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION

  • An application may be printed from the web but be sure to print the application and instructions. Your application will not be accepted without the second page. The second page must be on a second sheet of paper (not double-sided).
  • DOWNLOAD APPLICATION from US Department of State

2. Proof of Citizenship: Photocopies will not be accepted. Your original documents will be returned by the U.S. Department of State in one mailing and your passport in another.

  • A state-certified Birth Certificate (Hospital Record is NOT acceptable). For a list of agencies issuing birth certificates, click here. (If a birth certificate is being obtained from the State of California, the LONG FORM will be required; an abstract certificate will not be accepted.)
  • -OR- a previously issued passport. (For children under 16, also provide a birth certificate showing both parent's names.)
  • -OR- a Certificate of Naturalization

3. Two Identical Passport Photographs

4. Current Identification: (Children under 18 can use parent's ID)

  • Valid driver's license
  • -OR- other acceptable photo identification, refer to the reverse side of the passport application

5. Appropriate Fees:   (See grid below for prices)

  • * Fees paid to the US Department of State must be in the form of a check or money order and must be one per applicant (i.e. a family of 4 would issue 4 separate checks to the US Department of State).
  • Full list of fees from the US Department of State are found here: Passport Fees
  • ** Fees paid to the Yamhill County Clerk may be in the form of a check, money order or cash.  These fees may be combined on one payment.

( United States Passport Fees )
ADULT APPLICANTS (16 Years and Older)
What are you applying for?
Use Form
Application Fee

*Paid to the
U.S. Department of State
Execution Fee
(Acceptance Fee) **Paid to the Acceptance Facility
First-time Adult passport Book
First-time Adult passport Card
Not valid for international air travel. Valid only for travel by land and by sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
First-time Adult passport Book & Card
What are you applying for?
Use Form
Application Fee

*Paid to the
U.S. Department of State
Execution Fee
(Acceptance Fee) **Paid to the Acceptance Facility
Minor passport Book
Minor passport Card
A passport card is valid only for travel by land and by sea to the following locations: Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
Minor passport Book & Card
OPTIONAL FEES (Paid to the U.S. Department of State)
Expedite Fee
Paid per application, in addition to required fees. Provides faster processing than routine service.
1-2 Day Delivery
Paid per application for 1-2 day delivery of an issued passport book from the Department of State to the customer. Only applies to mailing addresses within the United States. Not valid for passport cards.
File Search Fee
A file search is necessary when an applicant is unable to present evidence of U.S. citizenship or verification of a previously issued U.S. Passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Applicantmust submit Form DS-11 and a written request for a file search.
(16 Years and Older)
To renew your passport, you must apply by mail or in person at a passport agency, if you are traveling within 14 days. A $60 expedite fee is charged at passport agencies. Below are the fees for basic renewals. Optional fees may apply.
What are you renewing?
Use Form
Application Fee

*Paid to the
U.S. Department of State
Adult Passport Book
Adult passport Card
Not valid for international air travel. Valid only for travel by land and by sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.
Minor passport Book & Card

Submitting incorrect passport fees could delay the processing of your application. For more information regarding passport application fees, please visit travel.state.gov/passportfees or call 1-877-487-2778, TDD/TTY: 1-888-874-7793.


Short How-To Videos   Video
How to apply for a U.S. Passport
What’s needed to apply for a Child’s U.S. Passport
Recommendations for creating a great Passport Photo
How to renew your Passport



Applications For Children Under Age 16 Will Require Signatures
Of Both Parents Or Child's Legal Guardian.
Please Contact Us If You Have Questions


All applicants must appear in person. Each signature must be witnessed by one of our staff.



  • Passport photo services are available on site or at several retail locations around the county.
       Possible alternate photograph locations:       •  WalMart  •  Staples  •  UPS  •
  • Do not wear hats or clothing that obscures your face. Glasses are no longer acceptable - even if you wear them every day.
  • Review the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE’s website to see tips for taking good passport photos.



A passport must be obtained before acquiring a visa. Your travel agent will be able to help you. You may also visit the US Department of State and learn more about foreign entry requirements.


  • We process passport applications between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Please know that it will take approximately 15 – 20 minutes to process your application.
  • This office forwards the applications to Passport Services. Passports are then mailed directly to the applicant.
  • It takes approximately 6-8 weeks to receive a passport. If you require a passport sooner, you may expedite the application for an additional fee. Depending on the urgency, you may need to submit a travel itinerary or a letter from your employer


If you need your passport sooner than the normal 6-8 weeks, you may expedite your application for an additional $60.00 per application fee. The fee does not include urgent mailing or delivery service. This service must be arranged by the applicant.

Routine Services

Use Form DS-11 if:

  • You have never been issued a U.S. passport -OR-
  • You are under age 16 -OR-
  • You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued -OR-
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago -OR-
  • Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen

Passport Renewal

Use Form DS-82 ONLY if all these are true of your most recent U.S. Passport:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change 

Please complete Passport Application (DS-11) and have two identical passport photographs
that meet photo requirements ready before scheduling an appointment.

Please call (503) 434-7518 to make an appointment.

Apply Early to Avoid Delay in the Issuance of Your Passport


© 2000 - 2023 Yamhill County. All rights reserved. Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Yamhill County.
By visiting this and other Yamhill County web pages, you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the site.