Criminal Justice
Health & Human Svcs.
Community Resources
Economic Development

Items For HHW

Accepted/Not Accepted Items for HHW Events
Not Accepted
Household cleaners, detergents
Medications (over the counter, prescription, animal): Your local police department and/or city hall have drop boxes open year-round for disposal.
Anti-freeze, greases, auto fluids
Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
Sharps/Syringes (this is medical waste): Sharps boxes can be purchased and disposed of at:
Waste Management- Wynooski St, Newberg @ the transfer station booth
Recology – call for drop off/pick up from residence (503) 472-3176


Try to utilize PaintCare locations first.

No empty cans or dried out paint accepted

Used Motor Oil (not mixed):
Used motor oil can be recycled year-round at
Waste Management- Wynooski St, Newberg @ the transfer station booth
Recology Recovery Zone – 2200 Orchard Ave, McMinnville
Batteries: household, lead-acid, etc.
CLF bulbs and Fluorescent light tubes.
Propane tanks/green camping cylinders: McMinnville Gas in McMinnville will recycle these items for a minimal fee (free for the green camping ones!) Please call, prior to recycling, at (503)472-7220
Old gasoline and diesel
Explosives/ammunition: Contact your local police department for disposal.
Aerosol cans (no empty ones: empty ones are scrap metal)
Tires, Asbestos, Radioactive Materials  
*Individual items cannot be larger than 5 gallons each

© 2000 - 2023 Yamhill County. All rights reserved. Links to external sites do not constitute endorsements by Yamhill County.
By visiting this and other Yamhill County web pages, you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the site.