Monday 12:00- 6:00
Closed Sunday & Holidays
10:00 until closing
(with the exception of Monday's)
ADOPTIONS & REDEMPTIONS
After hour Emergencies call:503-434-6500
We are located on the Yamhill County Fair grounds in McMinnville, Oregon at 2070 Lafayette Ave.
Please send mail to RM 143, 535 NE 5th street McMinnville, Oregon 97128.
Who We Are...
Yamhill County Dog Control is not just about controlling dogs,or reuniting lost dogs with their owners. We are also an adoption facility that can help you find a wonderful family pet and life long companion. We have been 100% self-funded for over 30 years. No tax dollars have been used. We do accept and very much appreciate donations of certain items and money to purchase the items we need.
Items in Need...
- CAT & DOG ~ WET & DRY FOOD NOTE: Our community is our sole provider of food & itís needed!
- LAUNDRY SOAP ~ DRYER SHEETS ~ LIQUID BLEACH ~ DAWN DISH SOAP
- CLOROX WIPES ~ LYSOL ~ USED PLASTIC BAGS ~ ZIP LOCK SANDWHICH BAGS
- BLANKETS (Preferred fleece or material that easily washes & dryís)
- LEASHES & COLLARS ~ HARNESSES
- DOG TOYS ~ KONGS (with fillers like peanut butter) ~ SOFT DOG TREATS (for medications or training).
- CAT LITTER
- DOG/CAT BEDS ~ NO LONGER USED DOG HOUSES
- FEEL FREE TO CALL AT ANY TIME TO GET OUR MOST CURRENT LIST OF NEEDS!
How to License your Dog...
- It is time to license your puppy when it is 6 months of age, or when their permanent K-9s (Fangs) come in, which ever comes first.
- If you get a new dog that is 6 months or older, you have 30 days in which to license this dog in your name.
- If you keep a dog on your property for someone for more than 30 days out of the year, then by State Law you are responsible for the dog being licensed in this county.
- If you have just moved to the area, you have 30 days in which to license the dog in this county, (just like a car).
- To license a dog you need a current Rabies Certificate good for at least one year or you may receive a short license that expires when the rabies shot does. To receive a discount for a spay or neutered dog, you must have written proof from your veterinarian.
Other licensing locations
- ALL Fertile Dogs (1)year= $35.00, (2)yr=$70.00, (3)yr=$105.00
- Spayed or Neutered Dogs (1)year= $20.00, (2)yr=$38.00, (3)yr= $55.00
- Senior Fees (65-74)* (1)year= $10.00, (2)yr= $18.00, (3)yr= $26.00
- Super Senior Fees (75+)** (1)year= $4.00, (2)yr= $6.00, (3)yr= $10.00
- *1 dog per senior -dog must be altered to qualify for senior rate, owner DOB required
- **1 dog per super senior -dog must be altered to qualify, owners DOB is required
*NOTE FYI: Yamhill County Dog Control is 100% self funded from dog licenses & Donations. WE DO NOT RECEIVE ANY TAX FUNDS whatsoever.
To view impounded animals available for adoption go to www.Petfinder.com
- Dogs range from $65.00 to $250.00 and come with a one year license.See What Adoption Includes Click this link