Recognition and Memorial Donation Program
Help improve the quality of Yamhill County Parks while honoring a friend, loved one or organization.
About the program
Yamhill County Parks now offers an excellent opportunity for recognizing or memorializing a family member, friend, or organization, while helping to support recreational opportunities among Yamhill County’s gorgeous landscape. Through the Recognition and Memorial Donation Program, participants can select a picnic table, park bench, or pedestal barbeque grill to be donated. Donors will then select a message to be engraved on a 2 inch by 4 inch brass plaque that will be mounted on the donated item. The donated item will then be installed at one the County Parks.
Not only is this a great opportunity to honor an individual or organization, but this will help the park system. Yamhill County Parks is a very small parks department, with limited funding to keep up with the long-overdue replacement of tables that have reached the end of their lifespan. Recent inventories identified the need for over 100 tables.
Parks staff will arrange the order and shipment of products. One half of the total payment is due before anything is ordered. It will usually take about 15 weeks for shipment to reach our offices. Before installment of the donated item the total payment is due. Donators may suggest a park for placement; however, placement will depend on the park’s needs, limitations, and layout, and is subject to approval. County Parks will maintain the donated items and try its very best to prevent damage and vandalism; however, the county can not be held accountable or guarantee against, vandalism or damage. Donations may be tax deductible, please consult your local financial planner for more information.
If you would like to donate to a special project, please contact our office at 503-434-7463.
Steps to Donate
Order Form (pdf format)
- Decide to donate a table, bench, grill or one of our other special projects. For more information on special projects, please call 503-434-7463 or visit the web www.co.yamhill.or.us/parks;
- Create personal note to be inscribed on brass plaque to be mounted on donated item;
- Placement location of donated item is agreed upon, and 1/2 of the total payment is due at this time.
- We order the bench and personalized plaque. It will typically take about 15 weeks to be shipped.
- After delivery the donor must pay the rest of the payment before item is installed into the park.