Yamhill County Agri-Business Economic and Community Development Plan
Through a grant from the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD), Yamhill County commissioned a study - The Yamhill County Agri-Business Economic and Community Development Plan - to look at the current status and future of the County's agriculture and tourism industries.
Four key elements of Yamhill County's plan - agriculture, tourism, land use, and infrastructure - are addressed in the study. Key questions addressed are:
- What is the current condition of Yamhill County's agriculture sector?
- What activities and businesses are necessary to support local agriculture?
- What is the current condition of local tourism?
- What activities and businesses are needed to support the tourism sector?
- Are suitable sites available for agriculture and tourism support businesses?
- Is infrastructure adequate to support new businesses and activities?
The findings of the study will be shared with many groups throughout the county as input is sought from our citizens and the business community. Feel free to share your comments with Commissioner Mary Stern at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-434-7501.
Economic and Community Development Plan documents
Yamhill County Agri-Business Presentation (PDF file)
Yamhill County Summary report (PDF file)
Appendix - Supporting Documents
Analysis of Zoning for Prototype Development Projects (PDF file)
Municipal Water Supply Analysis (PDF file)
Prototype Projects to Support Agriculture and Tourism (PDF file)
Summary of EFU and AF Zoning Districts (PDF file)
Summary Report Stakeholder Interviews - Agriculture Sector (PDF file)
Summary Report Stakeholder Interviews - Tourism Sector (PDF file)
The Future for Agriculture in Yamhill County (PDF file)
Yamhill County Tourism - Ag_Tourism Profile (PDF file)